Welcome to Nelson-Boylan-LeRette Funeral Chapel
Since 1921 Nelson-Boylan-LeRette Funeral Chapel has served the needs of Red Oak and Southwest Iowa with sincere and professional funeral care. The tradition of excellence continues today.
The history of Nelson-Boylan-LeRette has a strong heritage in Southwest Iowa. The tradition began in 1918 when Raymond and Gertrude Perryman established the Perryman Funeral Chapel in downtown Red Oak. Later, they moved the business to 506 Coolbaugh Street. In 1951, the Perrymans sold the business to Ted and Ann Nelson.
In 1962, the Nelsons purchased a lot at Sixth and Coolbaugh Streets and built the current chapel facility, naming the business Nelson Funeral Chapel. In 1971, Mike and Erin Boylan purchased the business, then naming it Nelson-Boylan Funeral Chapel.
Brian LeRette began working for the Boylans in 1981 as a Red Oak Jr. High School student. He continued to make funeral service care his profession. Brian graduated from Central State University in Edmond, Oklahoma in 1989 where he received his Bachelor of Science degree in Funeral Service. Brian served an apprenticeship in Albuquerque, New Mexico until May of 1990 when he returned to Red Oak to work for Mike and Erin Boylan until December 31, 2000.
On January 1, 2001 Brian and Dawn LeRette purchased the funeral chapel from Mike and Erin Boylan naming the business Nelson-Boylan-LeRette Funeral Chapel. Brian and Dawn are life-long residents of Montgomery County with strong family ties to the area. They are committed to Red Oak and Southwest Iowa.
Nelson-Boylan-LeRette Funeral Chapel recognizes your family as our priority and continues the tradition of caring the community has learned to trust since 1921.
Funeral Chapel, Inc.